Salem Sump Tube is functional as a high-quality nasogastric tube. This can be used as an air vent. Also, it is used to drain gastric as well as refluxed intestinal secretions. It ensures protection against damage made to the gastric mucosa. The Salem Sump Tube / Irrigation Tube allows for the easy suction of gastric contents, irrigation, decompression and medication delivery. It allows the atmospheric air to be strained into the tube. In addition, it balances the vacuum pressure.
Salem Sump Tube / Irrigation Tube
1. Used to prevent the accumulation of gastric secretions and air
2. Made from non-toxic medical grade PVC
3. Double lumen tube throughout the length provides airvent when the stomach has been evacuated of accumulated liquid, air or small particulate matter
4. Coned distal end with ten lateral eyes for faster drainage
5. Universal funnel connecter along with double taper connecter at proximal end for easy extension
6. Markings at 45, 55, 65 and 75 cm and radio opaque line for accurate placement